Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund (AMIF) was launched by the European Union and seeks to promote efficient management of migration flows and the implementation, strengthening and development of a common policy approach to asylum, subsidiary and temporary protection, and immigration, that fulfils the rights and principles of the European Union Charter of Fundamental Right.
Investments of the Fund aims to meet these goals:
- to strengthen and to develop Common European Asylum System;
- to support legal migration that is in line with the EU states economic and social needs, for instance, labour market demand;
- to promote effective integration of the third-country nationals;
- to enhance the third-country nationals return and voluntary return systems;
- to consolidate the EU states solidarity and share of responsibility (practical cooperation involved), primarily when it concerns the member states which experience the strongest impact of the migrants and asylum seekers flows.
For the period between 2014 and 2020, Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund in Lithuania has been allocated 16 million EUR (12 million EUR from the EU and 4 million EUR from the national resources). More information on the Fund investments can be found at www.pmif.lt